With every Idea Machine there is a Cycle Board included - you can subscribe to notifications.
How to use the Cycle Board
The Cycle Board is BrainStore's form of applying the Kanban technique to team work.
- Increase transparency
- Reduce work in process
- Reduce time spent in meetings, discussing things
- The rules (very simple)
Anyone can place items in the pipeline at any given time
- Only the facilitator can move items from the pipeline to the open
- Anyone can pull items from the "open" and start doing them
- When a item is done you place it in the done
The origin of the term facilitator is French and means easy (facile). Ideally the team selects a facilitator. The facilitator should only pull items if the cycle board is running smoothly.
The facilitator makes things easier by
- Talking to the team
- Deciding with the team what to place in the open and thus supporting the team to set priorities
- Supporting team members to place items in the pipeline and to pull from the open
- Making sure that there is not too much in the doing
- The facilitator can step down at any time - ideally after places all items in the open back in the pipeline before stepping down. The team then selects a new facilitator. So be nice to the facilitator :-)
Items can also be pulled by more than one person. Simply edit the item in the doing and add additional names.