BrainStore's Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of customers, partners, freelancers, suppliers and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality.
With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This policy refers to all parties who provide any amount of information to us.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information.
This information may include data that makes a person identifiable such as email-address, name, town and country of residence, photographs or footage.
BrainStore collects this information in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties.
Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly and for lawful purposes only
- Processed by BrainStore within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorized or illegal access by internal or external parties
By participating in online events, participants agree that the workshop may be recorded and excerpts may be published on social media.
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data BrainStore has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs.
Specifically, we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection the BrainStore team is committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train team members in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Establish data protection practices
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed. A breach of data protection guidelines will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
For questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for the content Markus Mettler, Quellgasse 2, CH-2502 Biel/Bienne Switzerland, phone +41 79 400 5220.
Biel/Bienne, June 2021